Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

My Apache server won't run using WAMP or XAMPP?

As a web developer myself, I have encountered a couple of times why my Apache server in either WAMP or XAMPP Server package all of a sudden stopped working when it was just the last time I was using the computer.

I notice that when Skype wasn't running, WAMP or XAMPP would load up fine but otherwise.

One thing I notice was by default is set to use ports 80 and 443 for incoming connection which are default HTTP (hyper text transper protocol)  ports and SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) which are used by web browsers and email programs.


To fixed this problem, simply start up Skype and before signing in, click on the Tools menu
then click on Connection options...
By default, the check box for "use port 80 and 443..." are checked and the use port may be blank.

Simply type any available port, or using the port number shown above should be safe to use and unchecking the check box for "Use port 80 and 443.." check box, unchecked and that should do the trick.

I'm not sure with other apache,mysql,php package like lamp or mamp, but its worth trying for.  Let me know how they work on other platforms other than windows. :)

If this post has helped you in any way, consider buying me a coffee by clicking the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments, please leave them here.

 
Rate this site!

Number of Visits